Mighty Munch

Mighty Munch

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Spit Up Happens


Munch is not letting me off easy. On her third day of preschool yesterday, she starts to whine before we even walk through the door to the car. Once we pull into the school parking lot, she starts her chant of "no please mommy." Then it is onto full-blown crying once we start walking toward the school building. She clings to me like a baby monkey does with it's mama. When I go to pick her up, her teacher promptly informs me that Munch threw up that morning. She asks me if Munch eats breakfast just before coming to school and if I could please feed her earlier to avoid the spit up again. Obviously, she doesn't know that my darling baby wakes us up anywhere between 5:45 - 6:30 a.m. and that we eat breakfast shortly after that. "Feed her breakfast earlier than 6:30?" I ask Miss Deborah. Gi doesn't go to school till 9:00 a.m., mind you. Miss Deborah shoots me a look of either disbelief or pity. I'm relieved that she doesn't press the issue. I pick up my crying munch and head out to the parking lot. Gi immediately stops crying and demands to eat her cheese. I look at her daily report which indicates that she had a good day despite the crying and vomiting. Oh, the challenges of mommyhood!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Sorry to hear about the throw up...
Things will get better..
This is new..
Hugs..

Anonymous said...

Gi, you're a melodramatic queen!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

More little munchkin... hope it gets better...
Keep your head down with this storm coming... hope it turns away from us... take care