Mighty Munch

Mighty Munch

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Confessions of a First Time Mom


Oh boy, the terrible twos are in full swing. From to morning to evening, the definitive word is "NO!" followed by a screech-like scream. Munch is exerting her independence and she wants her not-so-young parents to know it. You know that phrase "my way or the highway?" That's Gi's daily mantra now. Don't get me wrong...I ADORE the rascal but there are times I wish naptime came a little more often and stayed a little longer. There were a couple of months there when I secretly prayed that Gi would be more verbal and expressive. Well, my prayer has been answered 100 times over. Every phrase is repeated three times usually preceded by the word, MY. My bear, my bear, my bear! My potty, my potty, my potty. Oh and now Munch dismisses us...Daddy go now! Mommy out now! No Gon Gon! Every inappropriate action is repeated twice just to see if Mommy and Daddy mean business. Recently, Munch rediscovered the joy of picking her nose. I don't blame the girl since her cold has made her quite crusty. Well, Miss Sassy-Pants boldly inserts her booger-digging finger into her mouth each and every time that we firmly tell her not to. Oy vey! Does it get better when they turn three?

5 comments:

Kim said...

I am laughing with you... Boy the joy of the two's... and maybe some of the three's...
Picking nose.. got to love it..
Hugs to you ..
Have a Great Week..
Have a Great Week..
Or sorry.. didn't want you to miss that ...lol..

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I had this experience being an Aunt with my niece who I looked after 4 days a week... ahhh... the joys...

Amy said...

I've been waiting and waiting for Mia to say more than one word... Maybe I'll just be content with my little quiet world for the next couple months. :) She is defiant though, dropping food off her highchair, not using "nice hands" and throwing toys from her basket and walking away like its my job to clean up! Ugghh. Hope to see you guys soon! :)Amy

Anonymous said...

Oh.. boy oh boy or better..... oh girl.!!

She,s my girl. Nothing wrong with my little spoiled baby.

What to expect from a two years baby with everyone giving her so much love.!!

Once in while a little spank in the right spot will help, I may say.!!!!

Big kiss from

Vovô e Vovó.

Lyda @ Joe
Brasil

Anonymous said...

Yep, sounds like she's developing normally! We got the school photos yesterday. Thanks!