Mighty Munch

Mighty Munch

Friday, June 09, 2006

World Cup Widow




My friend, Kristen, suggested that this subject would be a good blog. So here it goes. For those of you who don't know yet, the World Cup has started. Yes, I am now officially a soccer widow. Hubby is an avid soccer nut---must be the Brazilian upbringing. From now until the first few weeks of July, all men outside of the United States and a few within will be glued to their tv following the World Cup. Hubby even brought home a list of WC rules, courtesy of his friend, David, that dutiful wives are to follow. Here are a few samplings.
*If I have to pass in front of the tv, he doesn't mind as long as I crawl on the floor without distracting him.
*I will be allowed to use the tv between 12:00 am and 6:00 am unless they replay a good game that he missed during the day.
*During a game, he will be blind, deaf and mute unless he needs a refill on his drink or needs something to eat.
*I am to tell my friends NOT to have any babies or any other child related parties that require his attendance because he WILL NOT go. But if his friend invites us to his house to watch the game on Sunday, we are to be there in a flash.
And my favorite...
*If I see him upset because one of his teams is losing, I am NOT to say "Get over it. It's only a game." Or say "Don't worry, they will win next time." If I say these things, he will only get angrier and love me less. I am to remember that I will never ever know more about soccer than him and my "words of encouragement" will only lead to a breakup or divorce.

Note goofy husband in Brazilian and German soccer jersies. This will be his daily home attire for the next month or so. It would be his office attire too if it wasn't for that gosh darn it, irksome dress code.

2 comments:

Kristen and David said...

I'll send over a kitty litter pan for Ron so he can avoid the bathroom breaks and earphones for you-the GOOOOAAAAALLLLLL gets a little much sometimes!

David informed me that he will be attending the next WC-for the whole month. Yeah, sure he is.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Now Ana I can see your point... I have a hubby who is football/baseball crazy and I am not really allowed to talk... still do though... Tell Ron that even though Australia didn't get that close to the World Cup final that they are still better then Brazil (even if I don't follow soccer that much)! LOL... I am sure that if I told Mike about the 'yellow/red' cards that he will make some up for me. Or then again he will throw in a flag like in the football...lol...
Felicity

Blog Archive