Mighty Munch

Mighty Munch

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Vovos


Not sure if my spelling is correct but vovos stands for grandparents in Portuguese. Yes! The other set of gramps are finally here from Brazil. They are mad for Gigi! It is their first time meeting Gi in person. By the end of today, Gi was already warming up to them. Grandpa J and Grandma L got to see Gi in action at the library today. Gi and a dozen other toddlers were engaged in pudding painting. Guess who ate the pudding rather than paint with it? Welcome vo vos!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Yeah...
How neat..
Have fun.
Kim

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Can't say I know the correct spelling here... I know Vovo's in Australia is a 'cookie' (or biscuit as we call it) with marshmallow and coconut shavings on there... they are actually called Iced Vovo's... so you can imagine I was thinking you were talking about those... hehe

Anonymous said...

Ana, please tell Joe and Lydia that I'm thinking of them. I can only imagine how happy they are to meet their granddaughter.

Enjoy it.
- Liz

Anonymous said...

Well, according to freetranslation.com

grandmother=avó
grandfather=avô

or check with the 3 native speakers in the household!
Glad they're having fun with Gi!

Anonymous said...

OK, according to my Brazilian student, when I asked him "What do you say when you see your grandparents?"

When I see my grandparents, I say
Oi vô, oi vó.

Blog Archive