Mighty Munch

Mighty Munch

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

My side of the story

Ron's version of the adventure.
Scenario: I took a cab(which are all French Reanults 4 cyl, no A/C) with a piece of paper with the name of the store in chinese that I wanted to visit. The trip was short, about 20 min and costed me 10 Yuan( one dollar thirty cents) One funny thing. In China the lanes marks on the road have no significance to the drivers and pedestrians are good targets. At one point a saw a minivan leaving a parking lot, and a chinese man had his back to the van blocking the path. Needless to say that the van ever so slightly touch the man's back knees and the man got out of the way as the van took off. The electronic stores in Wuham are limited. To be honest, I wanted check out how the real chinese people live, shop and work. After being dissapointed with the limited amount of computers laptops and flat screens TVs, I decided to walk around to check the locals.

Nature call: After about one hour of walking and checking out the locals, I felt the need to go. They had toilet paper in the vending machine that took coins only. How do you say change in Chinese? I don't know either and the smallest bill I had was a 100. Luckily, I has some pamphlets that an old man gave me advertising apartments for sale on one side and the photo of the statue of General Lee on the other. In respect for the local hero I used the other side of the pamphlet.

2 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I am going to have to find out the word for 'change' - just in case I ever 'feel the need to visit the girls room'... thanks for the pointer there Ron... lol...

Anonymous said...

Ron, I knew we should have waited for your version of the story, aka "the truth!"
Does this mean you are going to have a pamphlet holder in your guest bathroom?
We're glad you are well, and the exhaust pipes are clean!
We love the stories!
Ed, Wendy, and Samantha

Blog Archive