Mighty Munch

Mighty Munch

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Taffy



This morning I took Taffy, our 14 year old tan mutt, to our vet's office. Hubs and I are very sad to announce that she had to be put to sleep. X-rays showed that age-related spinal disc problems and extensive arthritis may have caused her to be unable to walk comfortably the last few days. She was not able to relieve herself properly or go to her water and food bowl to eat independently. She had also lost a significant amount of weight recently. I am sad that Gi will not have a chance to love her and play with her. My sis sent me this montage of sweet Taffy in healthier days. My mom, pictured above, adored Taffy the most.

5 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I was sorry to hear about "Taffy"... I had to do the same thing with my cat "Garfield", it was the best thing I could have done for him as he was 18 and wouldn't have really been any better for him. I love those photos of the streets/orphanage that Gi is at. Look forward to reading more...

Ana said...

Thanks, Fliss. I always enjoy hearing from you. Ana ;-)

Kim said...

I am so sorry.. It is so hard to have to do someting like that.. They are part of the family.. I will send a prayer out for you.. Take care..
Kim

Ana said...

Thank you, Kim.

Anonymous said...

We are so sorry for your loss and know that pets are like a member of the family. Although it pains you emotionally please have some peace knowing that she is no longer suffering. She will be watching from afar to ensure your safe journey to Gigi. to quote a wise girl Samantha would say Taffy- "Ga Girrl" for Good Girl.
XOXO,The Haukland's

Blog Archive