Mighty Munch

Mighty Munch

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Confessions of a Target Mom


Let's face it. I am what my husband accuses me of being sometimes...a hypocrite. Since my late twenties, I've patronized Target for most goods. I can't count the number of times that I smugly told Hubs (usually with his eyes rolling) that I will never ever step foot again into Walmart because of their shoddy employment and retail practices. But since taking on the role of stay-at-home-mom, pinching pennies and saving dollars have become priority one. Yup, after years of blatant disregard for this giant retailer, I walked through their colossal automated doors several weeks ago in search of size 2T underwear for my Munch. I didn't know this but 2T panties can not be found anywhere in this universe except at Walmart. But my retail infidelity didn't stop there. I also picked up a couple of pairs of "short" jeans for under $17. You see, my friends, affordable comfortable jeans in short lengths are hard to come by when you are 42 years old with a belly circumference that is larger in proportion to the length of your legs. So I caved in. Wait! There is more. I have since gone back for a step ladder for Munch to use in the bathroom. And lastly, in pursuit of a good deal, Munch and I had our hair cut at the Walmart "family salon" just yesterday. We both walked out of the salon for under $25...yeah we look a little like Dora the Explorer but so what. I still adore my Target but exclusivity will probably not be in our future anymore.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! The evil empire! Walmart opened a 5th store in Tallahassee. Ugg! Who needs so many of them in a city of 240,000 people with diameter of about 20 miles??! Anyway, beware of the China Price and remember to always compare (because this gigantic retailer who controls 10% of the retail market in the US, is VERY tricky!)

Ron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ron said...

If the price is low, then it must tbe good right????No!
Ana got what she paid for!!!
The truth is there is no free lunch anywhere whether you shop at Target, Walmart, Publix. They are in the business of making a profit. Talking about Publix, have you noticed how high their prices have gone? I say boycott Publix and shop at Walmart where the prices are always dropping with blue lights specials....

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Just dropping by to say hi... still busy on vaca...
Take care

Amy said...

I'm very impressed by your $25 haircuts! I'm going to give it a try myself - hair does grow back after all! Thanks for the tip!

Blog Archive