Mighty Munch

Mighty Munch

Monday, February 02, 2009

Gi-berish

Scene One
The three Ds venture down to the Sawgrass Mall in search of bargain deals. We find a shady parking space, load up and walk toward one of the main mall entrances. I walk ahead a bit with the stroller while hubs casually stroll behind me with Munch. Within 10 feet of reaching the mall entrance, I feel something wet and gooey fall on my head. I look up and see a flock of pigeons flying by. Yup, I got fresh bird poop plastered to one small section of my head. Hubs confirms my unlucky encounter and proceeds to clean my hair with wet wipes (don't leave home without them). Gi asks us what we are doing. I tell her that Daddy is cleaning bird poop from my hair. Gi looks up at me pointing her little finger and loudly asks, "You you you you have bird poop in hair?" I answer in the affirmative which, apparently, doesn't satify Munch for she repeats the same question several more times to the delight of fellow shoppers walking by.

Scene Two
Munch and I are in Kindermusik class. Ms. Caroll Ann, our delightful Kindermusik teacher, notices Gi's cute Jamaican dress and asks her where she got it. Gi, looking momentarily stumped, eyes her teacher, looks at me then quietly announces that she got it "from my room." This literal answer to the teacher's questions puts a smile on the adults' faces in the room.

2 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Hahahaha... well, laughing at both things... why can I picture that bird just pooing in your hair???
As for Gi telling her teacher where she got her dress... that is just to cute... hahaha

Anonymous said...

Yes, what L1 development!