Mighty Munch

Mighty Munch

Saturday, November 15, 2008

What's New


Oh boy, I don't often have a stretch of time where I can sit down and write about Gi's cognitive and physical progress. We just recently had a parent conference with her preschool teacher. Ms. Deborah has set some goals for her like mastering all of her targeted colors and shapes, asking more questions in class and being able to hop on one foot. So we have been reinforcing these skills at home via arts and crafts, books, dvds and other types of activities. I'm not sure how well we can tackle the task of having her hop on one foot...maybe Munch just needs to mature physically in order to do that. Anyway, I'm not too worried about that aspect. I figure she will get it when she gets it. Otherwise Munch is doing well in most areas of development especially where music, singing and dancing are involved...this is according to Ms. Deborah. She is also talking up a storm although you wouldn't know it if you put her in an unfamiliar environment. Her vocabulary is taking off! She frequently uses three-word sentences to express her needs and wants. And has the attitude to go with it too. Hubs and I have a nickname for her---BB22 (BB being ba_ _ buster, 22 being her weight at the current time). I know...it's not the most endearing name for our Munch but she really does give us a run for our money. She can be a real charmer too especially after being put in time-out. Gi continues to take Kindermusik with Ms. Carol Anne. Munch adores that class. And we frequent the local library for storytime when it is in session. Munch is now more at ease with Po Po and Gon Gon babysitting her. She does not have a complete meltdown like she used to. Although I have to admit that she still rules the roost when Po Po and Gon Gon are alone with her. Yes, my mom still follows Gi around the house trying to feed her lunch and my dad lets the rascal throw my mom's onions and tomatoes around when we are at their house for our weekly family dinner. Funny how I don't remember my parents tolerating such behavior when my sister and I were young...hmmm. Gi's latest fascination is in clothes that have a flare or ruffle at the bottom. She categorizes all these types of clothing as princess attire. When she puts on these clothes she raises her arms over her head and does a few consecutive twirls, dizzies herself and falls onto the floor laughing. She continues to be a grazer rather then a three-solid-meal-a-day gal when it comes to eating. Gapes (Gi talk for grapes) are still her all-time favorite fruit although she will gladly eat other types of fruit also. I have finally broken down and have now started giving her chocolate milk to increase her full-fat milk intake. The girl loooves this stuff! When it comes to animal protein intake, Munch is still lukewarm. Hubs and I have tried everything...made from scratch stuff, chicken nuggets, fish sticks and patties, turkey and beef hotdogs, deli meats...and the list goes on. I have stepped up her cheese intake and tofu consumption due to her lack of interest in animal protein. And we continue to give her rice and pasta dishes. Potty training is going slowly. Lately, Munch has not shown much interest in using the potty. I suspect that one of the reasons is that we no longer give her an M&M just for sitting on the potty. Now she has to actually produce something to earn the coveted chocolate morsel. This girl is no dummy...she caught on that she could put her munchkin behind on the potty for a nano second and still get an M&M. So hubs and I had to tweak the rules a little...to step up the training so to say. Well, I think that's all the time I have. Munch has woken up from her all too short nap (only an hour lately). To the vovos in Brazil---we look forward to your visit in the summer. To my hubs---thank you for going to work everyday affording me an opportunity to witness Gi's amazing development on a daily basis. Life is good and in these tough economic times I am very thankful to still be an up-close-and-personal spectator in Gi's life.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for such a solid update on that little cutie:) She's just perfect!!! I didn't know she goes with Miss Carolanne! Isn't she great?? Madi used to go when she was younger.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

How she has grown... just the other day I was looking at the photo that you sent me when you first got her referral photo... to think when we were down there... she was just starting to warm up... take care



Sorry about the delay in visiting... I have been super busy with work etc...

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Gi! You're ahead of the game with your pre-school curriculum!

Blog Archive