Mighty Munch

Mighty Munch

Friday, November 07, 2008

We Have #2 ...Sort Of

I know this is a little distasteful but the moment must be documented!

Yesterday, my Munch actually made poo in the potty for the first time. In the midst of watching Barney, she tells me that she has poo and wants to use the potty. Well, I know better having had Gi give me several false alarms since we started this whole toilet training process. We run into her bathroom where Gi quickly undos her diaper. I find that there is already a mega load in her diaper thanks to a gluttonous consumption of papaya on Gi's part. Munch insists on sitting on the potty nonetheless. I oblige her thinking this will be a good practice run. With several mini grunts on her part, Munch surprises me with a small amount of poo in the yellow bowl. Wow, wow, wow! I literally jump for joy. We high five each other, dance around and sing at the top of our lungs. Then Gi soberly reminds me that I owe her some M&Ms. I happily give her three which must have set some plan in motion in Gi's mind. She sits on the potty two more times, each time generating some results! In her quest for more M&Ms (she had gotten nine so far for her three successful tries), she insists on sitting for more sessions. I gently tell her that we will try again in a couple of hours. She reluctantly cooperates. No more breakthroughs for the rest of the day but what an exciting day nonetheless.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

You are hilarious--a little sick sometimes--but always hilarious!!! Thanks for sharing:)

Kim said...

YEAH....
LOVE IT..
Great Job Gi...
Have a Great Weekend..
Hugs..

Anonymous said...

Eew, Gi, do you have to show us that?!!

Blog Archive