Mighty Munch

Mighty Munch

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

School Daze

first day of school and adoring her lunch sack


Ok, last month I decided to call a local preschool to inquire about possible openings for Gi. Hubs and I figured it was time for her to experience a more structured and educational environment. The director tells me that she will put Munch on the waiting list and that there were 20 other kids ahead of her. So I relaxed and figured that it will be several semesters before I hear from this preschool again. Nope! They called me last Friday and gave me the good news...that there was a Tuesday/Thursday opening in the two-year room with a very sweet lead teacher and teacher's assistant. Jackpot...that was exactly what I wanted for Munch...to slowly ease her into a classroom setting and wean her off Mama. So today, my little munch went off to her first day of preschool. Even though she assured me that there will be "no cry, no cry" there was plenty of ferocious crying when I left her with her teachers. After four hours of parental freedom, I arrived at the preschool again to pick my munch up. Peeking through the door window I see my little dynamo crying dramatically again. But there is good news...after about ten minutes of crying in the morning, Munch apparently enjoyed her day. Both the director and lead teacher were very pleased with her progress throughout the four hours that she was there. Whew!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like Gi did great..
Love the picture...
Have a Great Week.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word that is wonderful news!! Congratulations Momma! Wendy

Amy said...

Hi Ana,
We started Mia in school too. We both cried last week, but this week is much better! Hope to see you guys soon! :)Amy

Anonymous said...

Wow, Gi, you're already going to school! What school are you going to? I'm sure your mommy is making you good lunches!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Yeah for Gi... of course she is the trooper... thanks for your sweet comments...