Mighty Munch

Mighty Munch

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Good-Bye Fefe


Well, the last of our fur babies has passed away. This morning hubs took Fefe, our 12 year old rescued Greyhound, to the vet's office to be put down. In the last two weeks or so, she had not been eating and drinking sufficiently and thus lost a good deal of weight. Then within the last week, her hind legs gave out on her. She appeared to have had a fever also. We adopted Fefe from the Greyhound Adoption League when she was four. We're grateful to have had eight good years with her. After explaining Fefe's passing to Gi, my munch pretended to close her eyes and uttered "Fefe night-night." That about sums it up. Night-night, Fefe. You will be missed.

7 comments:

Kim said...

I am sooo sorry..
My thought and prayers go out to you..
HUGS..

Anonymous said...

Yeah..!!
We gonna miss Fefe , too.

Have a good night-night to the unknown.

Joe @ Lydia

Anonymous said...

We were glad we got to see her one last time this summer.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that Ana & Ron. Hey Ana I lost your email address. Email me at Lisay35@yahoo.com

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Poor Fefe... think of it Ana... think of Fefe on a big field in heaven running like crazy... Mike and I were going to adopt a greyhound we still may do it one day...

Anonymous said...

I am so sad about Fefe and how much a part of your family she has been and will continue to be in your hearts. Hugs to you. Ed, Wendy & Sammy

Jessica said...

I am very sad to hear about Fefe's passing. She was a great dog!!! I have many wonderful memories of dog-sitting my doggie buddy and running around the house and yard... She was the BEST!!! I will miss her!

Hugs,

Jessica