Mighty Munch

Mighty Munch

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Victory Is Mine...











Well, at least momentarily. Through much cajoling and exaggerated happy remarks, Gi finally let me put some tiny barretts in her hair. Thanks, Carmen, for the strategy. So we got into the car to attend our first Baby and Me class. As I'm navigating in the pouring rain, I look into my baby mirror. What do I spy? No barretts in hair and Gi's mouth moving slowly as if she were sucking on a piece of candy!!! With clumsy new-mom moves, I retrieve the little barret from her mouth. But where is the other barrett??? By that time, I was praying to the Almighty that she had not swallowed it as a mid-morning snack. We arrive at the art center for our class. I stumble to the back seat and there it was, wedged between the cushions in her car seat. Whew! Would have been mighty hard to have to tell hubby that his one and only daughter swallowed a barrett only weeks after receiving a bad, bad hair job from Mommy. O.k., no more Mommy vanity. I've learned my lesson. I will leave my daughter's hair alone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Be careful of choking and driving accidents!

Anonymous said...

You think you've learnt your lesson! I "do" hope it won't happen, but you'll be always being surprised by these mischievous little creatures.Be prepared.Gi is each day more and more beautiful.Congratulations.!
I love you.
MH

Carmen said...

Oops. I guess I forgot to pass down Dr. Liang's wisdom. When I brought Ami to her office wearing one of those little hair pieces she told me it was too little and hair pieces must be big enough that they can't be swallowed.
Another hint is to put it on when you are getting her out of the car seat. Ami still likes to ride in comfort so she takes off hair pieces and shoes as soon as she is strapped in.

Blog Archive