Mighty Munch

Mighty Munch

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Demands and Miscommunications

I'm sure some of you mommies out there can relate to my daily challenges with my ever clever Gi. The other day, Munch races to her bathroom, strips down to nothing and sits on her "big girl" toilet. With a sure voice, she announces to me that she is going to "make poopy." O.k., no problem. The standard procedure is that she wipes herself when she pees and I wipe her when she makes #2. She notifies me that she is finished and waits for me to attend to her. That day for whatever reason I decided to be a lazy-daisy. Instead of going the extra step to get a wet wipe to clean her, I just grab a wad of toilet paper and proceed with my motherly duty. Before I can even dispose of the wad, Gi screams that there is "paypa in my bum." She starts to navigate her fingers toward her tush for some investigative work. I stop her immediately and offer to check for her (nothing worse than an active child with soiled fingers...you know what I mean?). I visually scan the area of concern, see no wayward tp hanging out and assures Munch that all is right in the tushy world. Not satisfied with my cursory inspection, she insists that I keep checking. Oh boy, this is where motherhood gets ugly isn't it? I take a deep breath and reluctantly do what one might consider a tushy parting of the red sea. "There's nothing there, Gi. You're all clean," I assure Munch. With a sweet smile on her face, she tells me ok and hops off her stepping stool. Now why couldn't this child believe me when I first told her that her behind was spotless?

Hubs is watching t.v. in bed while Gi is running around in our bedroom. A commercial comes on about upset stomachs and other related ailments. Hubs, being a practitioner of potty humor, can't resist and asks Munch if she has diarrhea. "Diarrhea???" Munch asks in puzzlement. "Me no diarrhea, Daddy. Me Gigi," Munch tells her father with great indignation. Having his joke fall flat on the ground, Hubs decides that its best to stay quiet sometimes instead of inadvertently raising the ire of your two year old daughter.

11 comments:

MATTHEW,HARRISON,AND JONATHAN said...

WHATS UP

Anonymous said...

HI

Anonymous said...

HI

Anonymous said...

HI

Aunt Sara said...

We're in Ashburn VA now visiting Yiqing and family.

harrison said...

i did all this hi

Anonymous said...

juice box

jonathan said...

harison did all this hi not matthew

harrison said...

dgbfdhjhddjdxjd.dlrdlkrdiurku243grfbc97bxz Vi7vl3yeriug;wrgn3up9tgn5p'8 utb54ugo;bv4cuov4 8uytovgxcuoitguevo;icbihty;vh;oexgbyo;rivyurt8;gy5hrtcx;uioygv4vc8to8gwui;ghjhgksjhgjkslhfslijghjkldfhskjldghslkjgdtyniugtrlvbygbeilygreuigyrgrughkrhgrsklhrklhgwhgwgtwhlighrttoigfb ureoigyu45iocy54ugbtyucvtgu453guy54ct4uitv4uytcuytuytuyeg hjgajfgasdgajgaksdghasjfgajfgakjfggjhfgjasfgfsajkgfjhgasjfgggfhgfhjgfajsdgffjhgasfkjgajhgasdjkgfeqfvkmbjhkjeukrqghl.uehnjklhnjklghjvtudyfcrtygbkujbkgkgkg

uncle mark said...

we unleashed a comment monster

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

This is to funny... a true princess after all :)