Mighty Munch

Mighty Munch

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mysterious Black Hole


I think there is a mysterious black hole lurking somewhere in my house. There has to be. How else can I explain the disappearance of half-filled sippy cups that appear in Munch's hand one second and disappears the next? What about her little ankle socks that never emerge as pairs again after a run in the dryer? I have never lost more things then I do now. Is this what mommyhood does to the female brain? A slow disintegration of memory cells until my little darling goes off to college? What was once completely unacceptable now barely registers on my radar. Like discovering mushy cheese deeply imbedded into the seat of my car or not feeling embarrassed after noticing that I've been walking around the library with playdough flatly but firmly stuck to my pants around the tushy area. I now will actually eat food items that Munch takes out of her mouth for one reason or another because I don't want anything to go to waste. It's not pretty, folks, but it's definitely happening. What will go in the way of the black hole next as I travel the road of motherhood? Make-up? Punctuality? Sleeping past 6:00 a.m.? I hate to even think about it. Oh, that image to the left...Sadly (big defeated sigh), I don't look too differently from that woman when I wake up at the crack of dawn every morning at the behest of my Munch.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Great post! I feel your pain, and I certainly know first-hand what you're going through!

Anonymous said...

Socks always mysteriously disappear after the wash!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Do you mean I have this to look forward to????
Sorry it has been a while... life has been hectic...
Take care

Unknown said...

Motherhood definately presents challenges. Try 3. You can borrow 1 of mine.