Mighty Munch

Mighty Munch

Monday, August 01, 2011

No Negotiations



Auntie Sara turned this polo into a dress by adding a skirt with a cute white trim.

Auntie Sara did the same thing here with a matching fringe.  Big thanks to our favorite auntie.



Don't worry, ladies and gentlemen, I am not about to launch into a discourse about the nation's debt ceiling.  I'm talking about school dress code and uniforms, people! That's right!   I'm talking about a more harmonious start to mornings come August 22nd.  I'm talking about lower blood pressure for middle age moms like myself.    I'm talking about less laundry and more money in my mostly empty pocket.  People, people, people, I'm just giddy with delight!  Come the end of this month, my fashionista Munch will march off to kindergarten to a school that has and will enforce a dress code.  Ahhhh, the smell of victory is sweet even if it is at the expense of my daughter.  I will no longer have to neogotiate, plead or demand what is appropriate to wear to school.  My little Munch will have exactly five choices to select from no more no less.  Uniforms, I love you.  You make my life simpler.  You are the great equalizer between aged mom and fiesty, stubborn five year old. 

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Love it. I sure wish we had uniforms!!! I agree that would be reason to celebrate!!! Precious pix of Munch:)

Anonymous said...

WOW WHAT A GORGEOUS GIRL..
NICKI

Mark said...

Groovy new blog colors/format, Ana. Glad the uniforms are working out for you, and at public school no less!
Mark

Nyetowl said...

Ana, you are too funny!!! Gigi looks like she modeling for a fashion magazine. The uniforms look good on her. I really like the idea of uniforms also!!!