Mighty Munch

Mighty Munch

Monday, November 01, 2010

Halloween 2010


Mommy, is it dark yet?  Munch utters this question broken-record style in the hopes of getting me out the door for some candy acquisition fun.  Finally, 7:00 p.m. rolls around and I whisk Munch out the door grateful that I no longer have to hear the repeated whining.  We power down our street successfully accumulating sweet treats of all kinds.  About 6 houses into this Halloween tradition, Munch loses her kitty cat composure, limply hands her candy bucket to me and demands that we return home promptly so she can be the distributor of delightful sweets to all Halloween participants.  Really???  Did my child just tell me that she would rather pass out candy than receive it?  Well, who am I to argue with a four year old?  Not wanting to miss this window of opportunity for reduced candy consumption, I oblige my daughter quickly, savoring my good fortune.  We return home.  Munch takes over candy distribution duty from Daddy.  Things go swimmingly well until the bloody-scaly-head-with-a-sword-stuck-in-his-eye trick-or-treater comes walking up to Gi.  Munch is horrified and nearly knocks over the bowl of candy sitting on the stool.  She buries her face in my chest while Hubs scrambles to stuff some candy into Bloody Head's bag so his horrific-ness could move along.    Luckily, Munch recovers quickly barely losing faith in the lustre of candy passing.  Yes, another memorable Halloween with our Munch.  Wouldn't have it any other way.   

1 comment:

aunt sara said...

Good job handing out treats, Gi!