Mighty Munch

Mighty Munch

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Bracelets and Toilets Don't Go Together

Munch and I stop by a local warehouse market to pick up a few items. We go in. We go out. That's the plan. But the food sample vendors are out and this does not escape Munch's eyes. So Munch directs me to every stainless steel cart for a little snack time. Soon nature calls. We mosey to the large industrial bathroom. Munch obliges cheerfully. Before I can even lift her off the toilet seat, I hear a loud clink. Munch's pink princess bracelet escapes from her tiny wrist and splashes into the toilet bowl. Standing there with her hands still holding her dress up and her princess undies straddled around her ankles, Munch gasps at the tragedy. "Mommy, get it pease, pease!" I stammer about how dirty the toilet is when suddenly the automatic flusher shoots down a herculean rush of water sending the bracelet to potty heaven. Unable to be consoled, Munch's tear ducts open up like the sky. And now one can imagine how the rest of the shopping trip went. And so after a few more laborious rounds of vendor snacks, we leave the store relatively calm and, hopefully, scar-free. I just wonder what the outcome would have been if my Munch had dropped her teddy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. Kinda glad that there was an automatic flusher before those sad eyes made you feel guilty enough to stick your hand in there.....EEEEEEWWWWW!

Kristen and David

aunt sara said...

Oh no, poor Gi!

Carmen said...

Poor Gigi. Ami hates those automatic flushers with good reason. :)
A good reminder that kids should not have expensive jewelry. To this day my mom still reminds me about the diamond earrings I lost as a kid.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Poor darlin'... there are plenty more bracelets... I don't think that I could have put my hand in there... then again...