Mighty Munch

Mighty Munch

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Notarize, Certify and Authenticate!


Our phone rings around 5:30 p.m. today. I glance on the caller i.d. and see that the call is coming from Denver, Colorado. Of course, I, being the original doofus girl, thought it was a sales call so I haughtily turned away continuing to dice and chop tonight's dinner ingredients. The answering machine picks up and IT IS ANDREA FROM CCAI! Yes, I wished it was a "referral" call. But that is not to be in the D household. CCAA needs my parents' photocopied passport pages to be notarized, certified and authenticated also. Only then will the mighty CCAA be satisfied with my Chinese decendency. URGH!!! Why didn't the dossier gods tell me this seven months ago??? Perhaps they didn't know either. Ohhh, this brings back unpleasant memories of a college professor who smugly proclaimed on the first day of class, "I don't give out A's. You'll have to work very hard just for a B." I feel like that college student now, trying to meet all the course requirements and hoping, just hoping to get that elusive A. Not wanting to hang up without some words of hope from Andrea, I anxiously asked her if CCAA wanted this additional verification, did it mean that our dossier was at least being reviewed? "Yes, but it may also mean that your referral would be delayed ANOTHER month." Complete and utter silence on my end. After about ten seconds of uncomfortable speechlessness, I gritted my crooked teeth, conjured up a superficially cheerful voice and blurted out, "Oh, well, that's just what we will have to accept." Do I really accept it? NO! Will I be a good little monkey and do as my trainer (CCAA) says? YES! Gi, Mama's gonna get that A.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shame. Shame.!!
Why, only now, they ask for such request..

Anonymous said...

Oh Anna, sorry to hear about it. But at least you know they're looking at your stuff. I'm two months behind you and God only knows what they will ask ..ugh
- liz

Blog Archive